Sunday, April 19, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Before I left to go to Africa, I was completely convinced that I would be losing weight because they don't eat in Africa, right? Unfortunately, I was very wrong. I gained 5 pounds this trip. Ironically - I lost weight during my first trip when I went to Europe. Who would have known!

Coming home was wonderful, as it always is after a long trip. This one wasn't very long though, it had only been 3 weeks since I had been home for the week after not going to Madagascar because of the political problems they were having. My favorite moment of the next 2 months is always when we finally touch down on the Boston runway. I love seeing the skyline in the distance and knowing that as fun as the last month was, there is no better feeling than being home safely.

Well, friends - ta ta until next week; when I will be heading off into Israel, Croatia, Lithuania and Slovakia for the next 6 weeks. It has been a really great, but very short, 6 weeks at home and seeing everyone. Keep checking the blog. Oh and please, don't wish me a safe flight. I hate when people do that!

LOVE YOU!!

-Lauren B, Travel Junky

No comments:

Post a Comment