Saturday, January 16, 2010

Shi She!

Is “thank you” in Chinese. I can speak Chinese! The first week of being in Asia was great. I fell asleep super early and woke up around 6 to go to the gym, eat breakfast, and get ready for the day. Of course, this didn’t last that long; after the first week I was struggling to find time to work out because it wasn’t happening in the beginning of the day.

One day in the morning at breakfast, there was one man (European) who walked in with three asian girls. There was no doubt by either Edit or myself that these girls were prostitutes. It was disturbing.

So, umm… half of the public toilets here are nothing but holes in the floor, and you can flush it. Literally you stand over it and pee. Disgusting. There were little pictures outside of the stalls that would tell you which type of toilet you were entering and I made sure to stay far, far away from the ones with nothing but holes. Though; a part of me did want to snap a picture of it. I wasn’t really quite sure how OK that would be though. Aside from the holes in the ground, they have a system where you can stick your hand in front of a symbol and the sound of water and a toilet flushing blares from your stall. This is “courtesy” sound effects which I think is hilarious. Throughout Taiwan, there is an insane amount of motorbikes everywhere. At a green light, you would wait for 30 seconds while only huge motorcades went by and cut off all the cars. So dangerous; one day when it was raining I actually saw someone fall while making a turn at an intersection.

No comments:

Post a Comment