Saturday, January 16, 2010

What's that Smell?

In general, (but mostly as a result of the type of food they cook) to me, Taiwan smelled badly. It smelled a combination of dirty and horrific, almost like what you would envision burning flesh smelling like. On many occasions, it really curbed my hunger and desire to eat. I had to be at the right place (NOT surrounded by that smell) and somewhere that had pictures of what I was about to eat before I could order. A part of me wanted to order something unusual just to say that I ate it, but then I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to eat it and would be totally grossed out. Intestines, frog legs, livers, brains, you name it, they sold it. Anyways, Taipei was a great city that both Edit and I really enjoyed and it was awesome to see Laurel. It was time to move on to Seoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment