Saturday, January 16, 2010

Welcome to Kaohsiung! (Taiwan)

Kaohsiung was my favorite as far as nice people go, but also my hotel was excellent. There were about 14 restaurants in my hotel alone; none of which I really had time to eat at because I was so busy. The hotel had an older style to it, but very pretty and all the staff were very helpful. The hotel was huge, and even had a mall attached to it which came in a lot of handy for buying realtor gifts.

Everyone I met here was just really pretty awesome, starting with the way over. I met Mr. Lee (who everyone called Tuna) who was in the fishing business. He was Korean, and sat next to me on the plane and talked talked talked, half of which I couldn’t understand at all. He helped me get settled when I went there and asked me if I wanted to meet up with him at some point and get dinner or something, so I said sure, why not. While I was in Kaohsiung, he sent me an email and I sent him one back late at night. We had spoke of meeting up maybe the next night but we didn’t know our schedules so we would see if it worked out. The next evening, he called me when he got in and it was nearly 12 at night and he wanted to know if I wanted to get a drink with him or go to a night market, or something of that sort. I was like, really? Do you know what time it is now? I politely declined but we realized that we would be on the same flight the next day back to Seoul so I would see him then. The next day, once again he helped me get situated – called the hotel to have them come and pick me up and even waited for me until they got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment