Wednesday, February 18, 2009

33 hours to home

The flights home were BRUTAL. I was traveling for 33 hours straight, in and out of airports, 4 different flights to get home. I was just about to leave on the longest leg of the trip, from Senegal to Atlanta, Georgia, and new people were getting on the plane. I had had the whole middle row to myself up until now, and there weren’t that many people getting on, but I had two men sit on either side of me. Just what I wanted, especially since I had finally gotten to sleep right before the plane landed. The guy to my right passes out immediately, but the guy to my left starts talking, which is fine. But he doesn’t stop talking – about his wife, his two boys in high school, etc. Finally, an hour and a half into the flight I pass out cold on him, after eating some food and drinking some wine. When I wake up I decide to move into a more empty area since there were very few people on the plane, but in the end I go back to my seat and we keep talking. He tells me I was so cute when I fell asleep, like a little kitten after a warm bowl of milk. Ha, how corny. We get off the plane and immediately we are best friends and he asks if he hang out with me until I need to get on the plane again. Ok, sure… so we hang out for just a little bit because my flight is leaving first. We exchange business cards, and I have gotten two emails from him so far, just a few days after getting back into work. THEN I get an e-card from him on Valentine’s Day; word for word it reads:

To Lauren - a jewel out of Africa, mysterious, sensuous and most desireable. Happy Valentine's Day from Mark

Kinda creepy??

No comments:

Post a Comment