Friday, July 24, 2009

Back to the Grind

We were so sad to leave the next day. Our taxi driver was a very creepy woman (apparently the only woman driver in the town) and was the wife of the weird taxi driver who had drove us there in the first place.

Once we got back, we finished up some last minute work and I was on a quest to find a backpack (which I had just thought of) after the fiasco that ensued in Israel and all the extra money I needed to pay because my bag was overweight. The only one I could find was a child’s cartoon backpack fit for a 5 year old but I picked it up anyways since this would be better than nothing. At the end of the night, Beth and I cleared up some last-minute things and then I said goodbye to her. I was sad to leave Beth, and I was alone again and off to Lithuania. This job is so bittersweet sometimes.

That night I only slept 3 hours and before I went to bed, I swore that my mind was playing tricks on me. I definitely left some important papers in Beth’s room which we never found again. I went downstairs and came up and the volume on the TV was down. Another time I went down and when I came back up the TV was off. So very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment