Friday, July 24, 2009

More Transit Nightmares

By the time I got on the flight, (after booking it to another gate because the one we hung out at first until it was time to board was the wrong one!) I was completely beat and also completely sure that I had developed the worst headache I had ever gotten. Fortunately, on the plane I met a cute Austrian with whom I shared a conversation about how involved and painful the security was in Israel.

The headaches (figuratively and physically) didn’t stop. Our flight had been delayed so before we even arrived in our transit point (Austria) we were told that we missed our connection flight. Ugh. I had had enough of airports for the week, nevermind the year. But, when we arrived at the airport, we realized that our flight hadn’t departed yet. So, we made a rush to find out what the deal was. Apparently it had been delayed due to technical problems (why do they need to tell us that?), so we were getting a whole new plane and a new crew. What a coincidence! We were very glad we made our flight. I still had the worst headache ever and was about to punch the next guard who made me take my computer out of our bag, especially if they weren’t friendly. Then our gate was changed 3 times. But, we FINALLY made it to Croatia, and lucky us; they were “running out of rooms” so they put both Beth and I in luxury suites – it was a bit old-fashioned, but certainly was the nicest hotel arrangement I have been in yet. There were 2 bathrooms (one of them a master bath) a living room/office, and then my bedroom which had a separate door that could be shut from the living room. It was amazing, and I was feeling pretty high-class!

No comments:

Post a Comment