Friday, July 24, 2009

You Come From Far Away!

My flight from Croatia to Copenhagen was a business class flight and I was the only one in business class! It was a lot of fun to get treated so specially. Copenhagen airport is very high-end, high-class. They have so many great restaurants, specialty shops, and even very comfortable special-made chairs for napping open to the public! So of course, I took one.

My second flight was a little more rocky coming in for the landing. I really hate being on small planes. I met a really nice guy (sitting next to me on the plane) whose father picked him up at the airport and offered to drive me to the hotel. I took up his offer especially because there were no taxis to be found. I tried to offer him money but he wouldn’t take it. The younger guy even took me to the front desk and helped me get settled in. Then, he gave me his personal information just in case I wanted a tour or had some extra time before I left. Very unfortunately, I did not have the time. Driving into this “city”, I found myself amazed that they could even call this a city. It was so small. I was excited to check out this former Soviet country, which doesn’t even start to get dark until 9:30 PM! I kept having thoughts to the movie “Hostile” since it takes place in Eastern Europe, and this place is so quiet it comes across as being very creepy.

During check-in, the girl at the front desk said to me: “Wow, you come from far away!”, while looking at my passport. I guess you won’t find too many people from the USA here. The people at the front desk proved to be very helpful. I asked about if there was a gym there, which there wasn’t, but they said I could do “fitness in your room” which I was excited about , but then they provided me with an ancient machine that I could only stand using for about 2 minutes. It was just so uncomfortable.

Later, I ate alone for the first night. It felt very strange to be eating without Beth. The food is very unhealthy; very heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment