Friday, July 24, 2009

Spring Fever

I was feeling super lazy the next day. Beth needed to get up for a real-estate appointment and I stayed in my jammies and made some phone calls. Once we made it to the mall, we stopped for a normal caffeine break to hype us up for all the incoming work to do. Beth was getting sick of the thick cream-filled coffee and just wanted a black coffee with ice. She tried, literally for a full minute to tell the waiter what she wanted and he was just horrified, I could tell by his facial expression and how he looked at me inquisitively as if to say, help? Beth and I cracked up. And then we laughed even more when he came over with an ice coffee filled with cream.

One of the malls we needed to go to was the classiest I have ever been to, the restaurants were beautiful and all highly recommendable. For dinner that night we sat down at a wonderful Japanese restaurant (in Croatia) and listened to French music. Beth mentioned this and I felt quite amused by this statement.

We met a great taxi driver, a young guy who drove a nice high-end car and after talking to Beth for a little while, he offered to drive us to the coast on the weekend for free! He drove us throughout the inner city, there is so much character to it. Cobblestone streets are everywhere; I loved the sound of the “clip-clop” of the tires on it. Even though we were in the capital center, the air smelled so fresh like the countryside in Spring, and suddenly I was feeling like maybe I really wasn’t missing spring. (Which felt like the hardest part of leaving Boston). It was so green outside! Colder than Tel Aviv, but overall it really was the perfect temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment