Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Finally in St. Thomas!

Tomorrow I will be driving on the left side of the road. Ick! This makes me slightly nervous. The roads here are very windy and hilly, very dangerous. Hopefully it won’t be too difficult to get around.

Today I ordered room service and it took an hour and a half to get to me. I actually had finished all my work and needed to wait until they arrived at my room before I could go anywhere, or even take a shower. I was so annoyed.

Luckily, I had no permission problems at the grocery store that I went to (the 1st one). The manager was nice and I worked for 4 hours and had to leave because they were closing. He started explaining to me why everything was so damn expensive. Ugh I hate that I didn’t finish.

When I got back to the hotel, Josue was waiting for me outside. Just kidding. But he just happened to be there and so we went out to get some food at the Shipwreck. He really is a nice guy, he has helped me from figuring out where everything is to driving to show me some of the places, showing me tricks in the business center so that I don’t need to pay the ridiculous prices they charge just to use the internet and print anything. He has a great room a floor above mine; he actually has a loft. Not a bad deal. Well, I guess he is living there for like 8 months, I think I would want that too…. Anyways, I hope he’s not thinking that we will be anything more than friends. He’s a nice guy but I’m not interested in more. (Ha, when am I ever?) He asked me if I wanted to go to the Fat Turtle tomorrow night, so of course, hell why not. Oh by the way, he’s a customs officer, the guy you have to talk to before you can be let back into (or let in for the first time) to the US of A.

Anyways, somehow it got to be much too late. I think I’m still on Brazil time – (wait no that doesn’t make sense, it would be later than it is now if that was the case….) Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment