Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Remember... Drive on the LEFT

So, I may have completely and absolutely forgotten that Puerto Rico was a US territory. Completely forgot. They even use US currency. My friend from Puerto Rico mentioned it to me when talking about some lady who was stupid because she didn’t know that and I just laughed like… duh… ya she REALLY must have skipped that geography lesson. Oops.

My A/C blew out tonight. Me being slightly tipsy, was thinking – eh whatever, no big deal. However; smoke poured out of the A/C and the bellhop couldn’t even come in my room the smoke was so bad. I didn’t realized it until afterwards; I didn’t want to open a window cause I wasn’t sure if they were going to believe me that the a/c blew out and there was smoke everywhere. Haha, how silly. If you even go out of my room now and into the hallway you can smell the smoke. So then, I had to pack up my life and move down the hall. A superfun thing to do at 3 am after you have unpacked everything since you were going to be here for over a week.

Everyone has been very nice so far. Permission isn’t a major issue, but people just seemed puzzled, like – um, what are you doing? Usually it’s either a problem or it’s not. Here, I feel as long as you explain yourself well enough, and act super sweet in the mean time, it’s fine. I have actually found the managers to be extremely nice, if you play your cards right. Though the car dealerships seem to be a bit of a challenge. I am 1 down 4 to go and I have heard the owner of Ford here is kinda a nightmarish asshole. We will soon find out. I love it here. I love the music, I like the people, the food is great, the beach is lovely, it’s humid as hell. And everything, even my work to a certain extent, is just relaxed. Though, I try to take extra precaution when trying to remind myself to drive on the LEFT. Drive on the LEFT. I will need to take a picture of the Reminder: Drive on the LEFT side signs. As a matter of fact, I would love to take one home with me as a personal souvenir. Hmmmm….

The roads are windy, they are steep, there are numerous blind drives, and there are hills that my car can barely get over. It’s quite amusing, so far. We went to the Fat Turtle tonight and danced a little. I love the music. Reggae, reggaeton, it just screams Caribbean, vacation , Block Island type mentality. As much as I’m ready to go home, I’m not quite sure I’ll be ready to leave here yet. I guess it will depend on how fast I can finish my work! Time for bed so I can get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment