Saturday, October 9, 2010

Andrew, and the embarassing culture class that ensued

The next night, at the same bar, I met Andrew at the bar while he was being harassed by a crazy black man who is apparently originally from T&C but lives in NYC (makes sense). I had fun chatting with him and we planned to hang out more this week; he is alone staying at his dad’s and I’m alone, so why not? I think he’s a lot younger than me though; maybe Steph’s age 23 or 24. Or, maybe even 22, haha. Nice kid though from Montreal, big hockey fan.

Didn’t mean for it to be… but kinda went on a date with him the next night. Or, well it felt like it. There was awkward conversation and he even picked me up at my hotel. The most awkward moment was when I was leaving and he reached in to do the Canadian “kiss kiss” and well, I thought he was going in for it. So my thought was ok, didn’t expect this but I’ll close my eyes and pucker up. When I got a peck on my cheek and then turned to give me another on the other side, my eyes still closed, I was turning totally red and quickly got out of the car! Talk about an embarrassing culture clash. I always forget that not just Europeans are kiss kissers. But anyway, we had a nice dinner and some nice conversation. (Not one of the best restaurants I have tried though), but It was nice to not eat dinner alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment