Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lombard Street, the sexy painted ladies, and Haight Ashbury... of course

The next day we scored a free breakfast which was completely unexpected, apparently it came with the hotel reservation which was not even expensive. On the way home we took the tourist route through Sonoma. I tried to figure out where I had stopped to eat when I had come last time (Feb 08) and eventually we ended up passing it, bringing back memories. But really, I hadn’t remembered how beautiful Sonoma actually was. It was breathtaking; we would never had gotten back to San Francisco if we actually stopped to take all the pictures we wanted to take.
We made a few stops along the route before arriving back “home”. Sausalito was the first one. The scenery was a windy mountain that provided beautiful views from the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge. Artisans with entertaining parrots and balancing rock towers occupied the streets as tourists walked from shop to shop. Mom bought an artsy little night-light and we visited a few art galleries in her honor before crossing the Golden Gate. We stopped for a photoshoot once we got back into San Francisco, it really was breathtaking to see in person. We almost blew off the cliff though since the wind was so strong.
From there we took a crooked drive down Lombard Street, stopped to view and photograph the sexy painted ladies (and the flower pots made out of shoes located in the park across from them) and ended the evening in Haight Ashbury where I got more hippiness than I ever could have wanted back when I was in the junior high. After being convinced, I decided against buying a super cute hippy dress but devoured a crepe instead 
My bittersweet visit with Nicole was done. Well, at least I still had Mom. We dropped Nicole off at her apartment and said our goodbyes, I’ll see ya when I see ya and from there, Mom and I hit up Le Colonial, a restaurant suggestion from one of Jason’s girls (hehe). French-Cambodian food. I must have had gained at least 10 pounds that trip! On full stomachs, we drove the hour away to San Ramon to check in at the Marriott hotel. I had to drive all the way back in the morning to drop Mom off. Yahoo….

No comments:

Post a Comment