Saturday, October 9, 2010

San Ramon, boring San Ramon, again

San Ramon, in all honesty, was pretty boring and there was nothing special to write home about. It was my second time going there for survey so luckily I felt like I knew it inside and out which made the work go by that much faster; though I didn’t really get a chance to see the real estate agents that I wanted to meet with – (getting anyone to talk to you in the US for free information on the rental market is nearly impossible and such a pain in the ass). Luckily I got a chance to repeat a visit with a realtor I had met with before who was so very friendly (and was content enough to give up information for a free bottle of nice vino), so we had the chance to catch up. But aside from that, the only notable thing that happened was that I got sick with a terrible ear infection so I had to go to the doctor – and waited in line for hours to do so. He prescribed me medicine and pretty much told me this better get better by the time I had to fly home or it would be possible that my eardrum would perforate. I wasn’t totally sure what that meant but all I could picture was my ear drum exploding. It didn’t sound pleasant. Luckily everything turned out fine in the end; the high-dosage of strong antibiotics he prescribed for me did the trick.
I swear to God during the week I was there they were holding the annual Wal-Mart conference nearby. Either that or it was the red-neck extravaganza. I tried, really hard to listen to conversations to see if I could get snippets of what was going on. No luck. The characters coming through the hotel, well staying at the hotel were humorous. Big fat ladies who hadn’t seen a gym in her life, men with long hair and beards with clothes that were far from fitting. It was comical, I couldn’t believe my eyes. We were in California not Arkansas and these people did not belong.
I ate at In and Out Burger. Yum. I was given a large pizza for the price of a small at Papa John’s. I missed Mom. And then I went home for the weekend; I got a break from the madness to refresh and it was very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment