Saturday, October 9, 2010

Health food tax?

Officially, I love San Francisco. The people, the food, I’m even OK with them having a “healthy food” tax because… well really? Healthy food tax? I have had more than 2 taxi drivers that have told me to keep my money when I tried to tip them. Really? Where am I, peace world? I always thought that Boston has pretty good food. New York has pretty good food. But, San Franciscan food is creative, innovative, all natural organic AND fresh. Who has ever heard of short rib lasagna?
I’m so happy that mom is here to share this with me. I love it. If I were to describe SF in one word, I would call it organic. And, not that I need to actually say it, but I love organic food. From the bums (many happy and hilarious), to the very pleasant weather and excellent food (heavy organic accent!); I found my most favorite city in the US – (sorry Boston!) I finally just finished my work today, after spending more hours sitting at my computer. 2:30 PM I was done after going to bed at 3:30 am the night before and starting to work at 9 am. I think my body is SERIOUSLY fighting a major sickness from lack of sleep. At least I have eaten good food every single night. Monday – Italian, Tuesday – Mexican, Wednesday – Spanish tapas, Thursday – Southeastern Asian and Friday – French Californian. Wow. Seeing Jay yesterday was great. And even funnier that my Mom was there too. Maybe completely inappropriate – (she hasn’t stopped texting him) - JUST KIDDING. Today we rode the cable car. A must do in San Fran. And then we ate and drank more. I love this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment