Saturday, October 9, 2010

Post Jenn's arrival... if you can handle it

Jenn finally got here today. I was so damn excited that she was here I arrived at 230 pm at the airport to pick her up. She thought her phone was going to work but it didn’t. She finally came out around 3 pm. After settling in at the hotel, we walked down to the beach and chatted but it got cloudy and we went back to nap for a bit. In the morning before Jenn arrived I had taken a walk on the beach – I took in the water, the sand, the beauty of the island. It was an oasis. I often passed through stretches of deserted beaches, and this… this was a beautiful day in Turks. I was shocked and so pleased at the lack of people at the beaches. We woke up from our little nap around 730 pm and planned on dinner. Meals out here are so expensive because the quality of the food really is excellent and they can afford to charge as much as they do. We went to the Mango Reef at the Royal West Indies Resort (which was really much cheaper than most of the locations!) and got a very filling wahoo dinner. I’m not sure if I’ve ever eaten wahoo. Afterwards one of the workers took a photo shoot for us. Then, we went out to hear the live band next to the hotel. We met David who worked for Beaches and invited us to come by and he would show us around on Monday. OK – hey why not right? Then, we went out down the street to Danny Bois, I kind of needed to convince Jenn to go, but I thought it would be a good idea. I was right. We met Rhynie Campbell who is a poker champion especially in Vegas who may be our savior for the week – a boat ride tomorrow, an Olympic party on Sunday? Hell ya! Why not? He is originally from Turks and Caicos. I always said I would eventually get onto one of these yachts and now was my chance. Our chance. Ah, what good times here. I still might never go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment