Sunday, January 16, 2011

Delhi; at least my hotel is nice


And I arrived in Delhi and bought 2 bottled of JW black for a ridiculously cheap price. $68. I already noticed that people smelled though. People drive like maniacs here and the smog is terrible. But, my hotel is lovely, until I couldn’t figure out how the hell to shut off all the lights. Took me almost a half an hour to find the light strip next to my bed. Ohh well, lots to do once I finally get up tomorrow, it’s already around 6:30 am here, yikes!

I tried to sleep but could only make it to 10:45 am. My body is exhausted by my mind is wide awake. Fair enough, I have quite a bit to do today. I may just stay in and make lots of phone calls and try to book realtor meetings and try to go to bed around 11 pm. So far, I’ve had one computer problem while being here, and I may be having a second one now. I guess the good thing about being in India is that they are so tech savvy. I don’t even have to worry about computer problems, they have men in fine suits ready to help out at any moment. My internet wasn’t working last night at 2 am and within 10 minutes a nicely dressed man with a suitcase equipped with his own computer came and worked his magic in 10 minutes. It was something I definitely would not have been able to do myself. My hotel is pristine. Everyone seems to know exactly who I am, that my breakfast was included in my stay, they called me to let me know that my do not disturb sign was on the door so they didn’t bother me, left me 3 notes to say they tried to clean it, left me a note to say the temperature in my room was warm but they didn’t change it, they will change the linens UNLESS you put the do not change linens sign on the bed (usually if you put the sign on the bed, it means you do want linens changed). I can have a complimentary hot tea/milk/cocoa at bedtime, I have a pillow menu, dream scents to spray on my pillow, pretty incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment