Monday, January 17, 2011

Disparity of wealth


Before I had arrived in Mumbai, Kym sent me an article about the largest apartment that had ever been built. I tried to explain it to my driver, but he took me to see something else. Hmmm… I did want to make sure I saw it before I left. I made sure to keep my eye out for it, and one day… there it was, amongst all the other skyscrapers and the twin towers that my driver had tried to show me. It was incredible in person, I took a few pictures of it the few times we drove by it. Kym told me how the 3rd richest guy in the world lived there with his family, and a ridiculous amount of servants and maids. The largest single family home in the world, is what it was I believe. Sickening to see it and then the slums of people who live right down the street. I’ve never seen such a disparity of wealth as I did in Mumbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment