Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kicking off Aug 09 survey with a wedding in NC

Off again on another journey. And a total stress case. With no apartment (cause we lost it due to that jerk of a landlord), a wedding between, and then…. Venezuela! Can’t wait UGH. I just hope everything goes smoothly. I think this was a good time for me to leave. I was getting too comfortable and lazy. I need to pick up the pace a little. I left this morning before the crack of dawn at 430 on no sleep. Wissan, such an awesome guy, came all the way from East Boston after just getting home to pick me up and take me to the airport; “ anything for you” he said. I tipped him very well. He told me that the royal family of Saudi Arabia were in town for a whole month with medical stuff and he was driving a limo for the month for them. And those bastards didn’t tip. I just happened to catch him on his first day back.

I got to the airport in a complete daze, on absolutely no sleep, and feeling like I had forgotten everything. Fortunately, it looks pretty good so far. I even tried to check in at the wrong gate. Once on the plane, I passed out before we even took off which is so unusual for me, I didn’t even get butterflies when we were in the air. I flew Jetblue for the first time ever, and loved it. The service, the tv’s on all seats (so unusual for US domestic flights!), the newer plane, leather seats…. And the smoothness of the ride. I was so out cold I don’t even remember being on a plane.

My eyes have been half-shut all day. I had to keep awake through breakfast, (barely kept awake), and passed out as soon as I got to the hotel. Colas dragged me out of bed 3 hours later after all the work he did (ya right) and we all took a family field trip to the mall and then to a great BBQ dinner. I got to see Diana tonight (well both of them) and now I’m excited for the wedding tomorrow, and checking out a little of NC. But still, I don’t want to go to Venezuela.  I hope this little blonde haired girl can stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment