Monday, January 17, 2011

Holding on for dear life..


I took a tuk tuk today from the grocery store to the mall (which sorta ended up being the wrong mall, in both a bad and a good way). Bad because it was the smaller of the two and good because it’s one that expats frequent. Anyways, it was not as scary as I previously thought it would be. Well I mean, it was at first, but then it was fine after. Though there was no traffic so we reached speeds that I had no idea the tuk tuk could reach. I’m glad I can at least say I took one, finally.

Everyone here has a mustache!! I have no idea why, I should look that up: “In India it is very common for men to have mustache, especially from places like madras....In India it is considered gentlemanly etiquette for guys to have mustache. Also, in India having a mustache is considered more masculine than for guys to be clean shaven...for example traditionally all Indian men would have mustaches expecially the kshatriyas (warriors). ” Courtesy of travel expert guide.com.

They say numbers by doubles and triples. This took me a little bit to get accustomed too, but now I have also started doing this, haha.

The past two days have been a bit blah. My hotel sucked (Le Meridien). It was dark, dreary, my room was terribly musty and smelled moldy. I just didn’t enjoy being there even though I spent a lot of time there. A lot, over the last two days. Maybe I’m PMSing. And maybe my interest back home isn’t expressing an interest anymore. Feeling homesick, feeling lonely, feeling like I don’t want to deal with anyone’s crap. (Better think twice before messing with me).

No comments:

Post a Comment