Sunday, January 16, 2011

My free day, and crazy Larry



I finally had a day off. I thought I would be happy but I wasn’t feeling happy today, I was rather very emotional instead. I took a ferry to one of the small islands so I could hang out on the beach all day. (Saco beach, actually! While my friends were on the Saco river, I was on Saco beach). It was very beautiful, when I found the part of the beach where there weren’t many others. I had a beer and an empanada for lunch, cooked by a bunch of islanders with no teeth. I got some reading in. I got catcalled by some youngeons while walking to the other side of the beach which made me feel a bit uncomfortable, but whatever. Aside from being emotional, I was also totally out of it. On the way over someone had to remind me to take my life preserver off and leave it in the boat. One of the same people had to tell me that it was time to get on the ferry now to go back. So when I went back, I was sad. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me, but I just couldn’t wait to go home. I felt lonely and overwhelmed by all the apartment craziness happening. Further, Larry who was suppose to help me ended up screwing me over in the end.

Larry, oh Larry. The night before his cousin was suppose to pick me up from the airport in Maracaibo, he called me to say that what I was offering for payment was much too little, and proposed something absolutely absurd for a price. I was appalled, this guy was suppose to be helping me out, not trying to rip me off. So, they left me high and dry. I had no one to pick me up from the airport now, and that’s something you definitely want to have while in Maracaibo. Further, Larry kept insisting that we definitely get together when we come back to Boston. He even told me he would pick me up at the airport when I arrived at 1am in the morning. At first, I went along with it, then I thought it was just a bit creepy, especially the part when he started joking that he wouldn’t try to sleep with me? Ummm hellooo… what does that mean. So I said nevermind, it wouldn’t make sense for him to pick me up from the airport since it will be so late but thank you, we can do coffee another time. That’s when trusty facebook told me he suddenly went from married to single, and the next day, he had deleted me as a friend. Hmmmm OK, very glad I decided to cancel that plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment