Monday, January 17, 2011

Ending my India trip on a good note in Goa






Kayaking was nice, relaxing, and very early. The scenery was very pleasant, we saw a few cool birds, a dead cat, and some children who ran along the shore to follow us as we kayaked by them. The rest of the day was full of good food and beach relaxing, and then more good food. There were cows and donkeys wandering in the middle of the street, but this was nothing I hadn’t already seen. I had a whole fish for dinner and took forever to eat it. Well, I was kinda feeding the stray animals on the side…. That would probably be why, right? There was a litter of kittens and puppies. Cute as anything. Well, until I got scratched and was told to go wash with soap in water in case of infection.

We finished our evening with some cappucinos at the hotel. It was time for me to go back to the room, pack and prepare to go on home. The night before I leave to go back is such a mix of emotions. I’m excited to be home and see everyone, sad for what I never got a chance to do, and exhausted from all I have done. And I know what the trip home entails, which is usually many hours on many airplanes. My taxi driver ripped me off on the way to the hotel, which started my 5 am flight bitterly in the first place. I had a 6 hour layover in Mumbai before I could board the first flight which would take me to London. They made me walk around for 45 minutes before they would let me in. At one point, literally, they told me to walk a half mile, get a coffee, come back with it and they would let me in. WTF? I don’t know what the point of that was, but it got me in and that was all I cared about. Even when I did get in, they made me sit in the middle of nowhere before I could head over toward the gate to check in. Maybe for security reasons, I don’t know. Once I did get all checked in, I ate pizza and then a fried chicken sandwich from 2 different chain restaurants. I think subconsciously I was really hoping this would help me to sleep well to London.

Then this happened and it just made my ride home. I walked into a little shop because I had nothing better to do at the airport, and an male employee, a bit younger than myself at the airport asked me all sorts of questions. His first greeting was to say, “I like your jacket”. He ended with, can I give you a compliment? Yeah sure. “It’s a bit nasty” he says. Ummm OK… what could he possibly plan to say to me? “You have a nice figure.” He says. I cracked up, and then said… well…. Thanks?

On that note, ladies and gentlemen: That has completed survey November 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment