Monday, April 11, 2011

Admiral's club is not for me....


Off on my next trip. And sick again! Second time I’ve been sick this month, and both started right before I was about to get on a plane. Figures right? So, had some good (but mostly bad) things happen today. Sick = bad, 7am flight that wasn’t cancelled = bad (would have LOVED to sleep in!), girl on the plane on the way here found out her Dad had died suddenly = very bad, and very sad to listen to, cancelled flight to Guatemala = bad, talked my way into the admiral’s club = good. Since I’m sick I shouldn’t take advantage of the free booze, and not hungry so no taking advantage of the free food = why now? I’m currently sitting in a little corner, and I think I might take another nap. I have another 4 hours until I need to board for the 2nd attempt at getting to Guatemala City.

I don’t think the admiral’s club is for me. It’s full of snobby people. I was about to get off the elevator and made the first move and so did this other lady. So, I said oops, go ahead! She just stared at me. Fine, I’ll go first if you’re gonna be like that! Oh, and I may have gotten yelled at for talking on my cell phone in a quiet zone, oops. I didn’t know! And earlier there was some guy just chatting away on his cellphone in the same place I just was. I was just following the crowd. I had enough of the admiral’s club so I walked back amongst the normal people, got some food, and waited to board.

Practicing my Spanish again is comfortable. I don’t mind it at all. At the Guatemala airport I noticed some police with dogs sniffing the bags. Must be for drugs of course. Yep I’m in Central America after all, aren’t I. At times I just come to and realize, wow… I’m in “enter country”. This is nuts! Yep, I’m in Guatemala. And so it starts…

On the hotel shuttle, I meet Tony. We exchange a few words, I hand him my business card, and before I know it I get an e-mail from him, and then a phone call. He must have called the hotel with and used my name from the business card to reach me. WTF? Oh ya, I need to remember where I am. Latin customs. Ugh I am quite pressed for time here it seems. Time for some review and then bed.

PS this picture has nothing to do with my post, but I took it in Guatemala. And I love it. That all counts for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment