Wednesday, April 13, 2011

People watching


I went to talk to someone at the phone company to ask about international phone rates. The guy had a line of customers behind him waiting to speak with him and he went on and on asking me questions and talking to me. Just as I was leaving, (FINALLY I was going to be able to get away), he said “I was wondering how long you would be here for because if you would be here this weekend I would take you out to show you around the city”. Good thing I won’t be here this weekend. Why can’t any of these guys be attractive and under 70 years old?

Had a lovely meeting this morning with a woman who, as I had been told, said that she loves every single one of us AIRINCers. And she said exactly that, once again. Warm fuzzy feelings all around, seriously. Though we went on a half hour tangent about an owner that wanted in his Colombian client’s contract her signature that she did not have a “second business,” ie – are you a drug dealer? Yeah it’s pretty interesting, and kinda crazy in some ways, but I think we talked about it being crazy over and over again for a half hour. It wasn’t sounding as crazy anymore by the end. Anyways, sweet lady. It was a nice meeting.

I went to the Sheraton Hotel for some prices that I needed and once I was finished, I walked over to a little square where there was just a pedestrian area and lots of restaurants. I had to go to one of the restaurants for some prices, so I just decided to eat there since I hadn’t eaten all day. It wasn’t until the end of my lunch (my head was buried in my work) that I looked up and realized what great people watching there was. And then I realized, every other couple walking by was 2 men. Seriously, I was in awe. I wonder what the deal is with gay people in this area? Another strange thing that happened was that there were two ladies sitting next to me, they didn’t speak any Spanish. I was dazing off staring at the couples when I heard “excuse me, excuse me” so I looked over and smiled, that smiled which has gotten me into trouble so many times. “What was it that you had for lunch? My friend was wondering for the future.” I thought for a moment, “the Nordic Fillet”. “Is that fish?” “No, no – it was steak.” “OK, thank you!” She said. I was puzzled. A) If she was asking me what I was eating, she must have done so because she thought was I was eating looked good. So if A) is true, then B) how could she not tell that it was steak? It was brown. Fish is not. Then I got to thinking that maybe she just wanted to start a conversation, but ended it there. It was a little strange I thought, but whatever.

Walked home from dinner tonight alone, only a 7 minute walk, but I was stared at by everyone, (which consists of males standing alone). So, I just gave them a whole-hearted “buenas noches!” and kept right on going. Staying at such a nice hotel surrounded by attractive business men, I’m keeping my head high as a single young female staying at this hotel. And I love the feeling. Ya that’s right, I might be really important with my 3 cell phones, I’ll just keep you guessing. I ate at a fancy schmancy Spanish restaurant tonight and had some really good paella. Yummm-yyy!!! Though, I really need to make sure that I get some real Mexican food before I leave this joint! Tomorrow night for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment