Monday, April 11, 2011

Sometimes people take advantage. I hate those people.


I was about to find the cabstand when someone asked me if I needed a cab. Yes I did… so I asked him if he was a legit taxi and he said yes (I guess what else would he say?) and on approach to the cab, it was a yellow one with taxi cab emblems. I had no idea how much I should expect to pay so I didn’t bother to ask. He seemed like a really nice guy who spoke English pretty well and we made small talk and he told me a little about the city. As we headed towards the hotel, what I saw was a LOT of high rises. It looked like a modern miniature NYC. I got out of the car and was charged $35. $35? I thought that was pricey but I didn’t have anything to compare it to. I would ask the hotel. Sure enough, $35 was double the price I should have been charged. What a dick. So, as soon as I got to my room I decided to call him. “Hi Tomaximo! (yeah seriously this is his name) So I was going to use your taxi services this week, but then the hotel told me that you overcharged me! The hotel taxi costs $30 and the yellow taxis should be $15-20, that’s not fair.” For 20 minutes in the car? He says. Yessssssss I said, I really don’t think the hotel would lie to me. Again, the hotel car is $30. Well, I didn’t get very far. He said he would drive me to the airport on Friday for $15 but that doesn’t do a dent in it. It’s principal, right people? F him.

No comments:

Post a Comment