Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A great night out for a 90 year old.



I drove around the city a little while today. I spoke Spanglish with my driver. It was a good day. I got back and opened my door to 25 beautiful roses. Shut up, really?? Was my initial reaction. I haven’t gotten flowers on too many occasions, and it had to be from a 70 year old creepy man, right? In the card, he said he loved me and wanted me to be the first lady of the United States. Ha, what does that mean. What a weirdo. I was just hoping he was forgetful enough to forget that we had planned to go out for dinner. Oh, but he remembered. At 8:15 I was headed downstairs after getting a phone call. I wanted to stay in the area. Like I said earlier, he sketched me out a little so I didn’t want to do anything or go anywhere too crazy. We took a taxi, he wanted to show me the hotel he was “living in”. Don’t worry, this didn’t consist of going to his room. It was alright, but not somewhere I would think someone making $30,000 a day would make. He ordered a bourbon for me. Ewww. I drank it politely. And then he jabbered on about stuff that made absolutely NO sense for about a half hour. I would repeat some of it, but it doesn’t make sense for me to even remember. Something about the Germans being lightbeings and not descendents of God, and the Jews crucified Jesus and that’s why they burned in Auschwitz, and then, after all the tado about it being so great that I was a democratic, he told me he was a straight to the right republican. All the way to the right. Last night he had said the exact opposite. I’m not sure if the guy is nuts or has alzheimers or something. Who knows. After our bourbon, we went to the Sheraton hotel to see Mariachi. Damn I was hungry, but there was no food there. Just more drinks, and some snacks. Some other older man came in, and him and crazy started talking. Before I knew it, I was surrounded on either side, and would be for the next hour, by two elderly men talking back and forth in Spanish in the middle of my view of the mariachi band. I was right in the middle. Great evening out for a 90 year old, but not for me. Better yet, crazy introduced me as his wife. And then he asked me where we met. This was a serious question.

Luckily, we left at a very reasonable time, and I wasn’t even the one to suggest it. Stephen asked me to marry him a second time and I said no, so he finally left me alone with a “if you change your mind, you know where to find me”. And didn’t try to set up a further “date” with me. He left me at the hotel, dropped me off and let me be. So far no crazy messages, we’ll see what the new day will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment