Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Golf cart repairs HERE




Today was nice. It was a little weird cause I felt like I was on a date, but it was still very nice. In the morning, he told me he had checked out of the hotel and was staying over there. And, would I stay with him? No.. I have to work the next day. Plus, I don’t feel like sleeping overnight in a stranger’s room! After a little pleading, he left me alone.

We got in the taxi, it was my taxi Greg from yesterday, the one who took a car-denting to pick me up. As he got out of the car to put Navy Seal’s bag in the trunk, he said to me “hi, I think I met you in hell.” Haha… but I didn’t hear exactly what he said so I kept on going like it was nice to see him and he said sorry, he didn’t mean any disrespect. Then I put it together and just laughed.

Navy Seal wanted to take a flight. I wanted to just take the water taxi, because it would be cheaper, but whatever… fine a flight would be ok. Though, I had no idea how much it would cost. Domestic charter flights ended up much more easy than I had anticipated. Plus, he paid for my flight there. Can’t get much better than that. We bought the ticket at a little booth and we got a plastic sign that would serve as the boarding pass. I had a beer outside while waiting for the flight, and then we hopped on the plane. There was no security or anything even close to it. There was room for about 10 people at maximum on the small plane. It was actually a lot of fun, and only ten minutes. Beautiful views of the islands. There was one island with perfectly manicured palm trees and then a huggggggge mansion. I wonder who that belongs to!

We got to the island and they had golf cart taxis which we took to the hotel he was checking into (is it bad that I forget his name?) On the way, we passed a golf cart repair place (no car repairs on this island!), a Laundromat with a whole lot of laundry hanging outside, and a golf cart that said “police” on the front. There was one car that we saw on the whole island, and that was right outside the police station. We spent some time just walking around along the ocean, it was one of the cutest islands ever. There were no big resorts here, only small little inns that faced the ocean side and bar&grills that lined the waterway, with menus written on chalkboard. Mostly simple seafood, but big on the over-the-top frozen drinks. I saw a man with a grill selling skewers of shrimp with so many different types of sauces. Had I not just eaten, I would have loved to try at least one of them. Everything was brightly colored, which I love about the Caribbean in general. This island had a big hippy flair to it. Rastafarians with big, long dreadlocks walked up and down the dirt road covered with coral bits. This was a place to have fun, hang back and enjoy the simple pleasures of life. I would love to come back here on vacation sometime. We grabbed a seat at a grill and I got a frozen banana daiquiri (banana is my favorite!), and a shrimp wrap that was really tasty. After that we took a stroll around and found a nice little spot on the coral beach to take a nice little nap. A simple, pleasant, no-stress afternoon. No-name man (since I can’t remember his name) tried a few times to get a little close to me, put his arm around me, begged to put sunscreen on me, but I wasn’t having it. Not interested I guess. Not my type. I was just enjoying not being alone I suppose. I made friends with a few stray dogs and puppies (there were SO MANY of them and they were all the same kind of dog, it was very bizarre). One dog that I was petting before I got on the ferry to come home tried to playfully bite my hand as I was walking away, as in to say no, no stop, you can’t leave me here, I loved being petted! I felt bad. Though, this dog had a collar, he must have been owned by someone.

The taxi boat to go back to Belize City was ridiculous. They packed us like sardines in there for a whole 50 minutes. Back to back, with nowhere to even lean our backs unless you were lucky enough to get a wall seat which I was not. It wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated though, because I BBM’d with Alice the whole way while we talked about our adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment