Monday, April 11, 2011

Last day in Guatemala



Was a really, really hectic one. I left at 8:30 to get prices for cars, and got stood up after returning to the hotel at 11 am for a realtor meeting. After many phone calls, to the delinquent realtor and to get some more prices, I made it to three malls during the rest of the day before calling it quits at 8:30 pm. Yep that’s a full 12 hour day. Though, even still I had a phone full of prices that I needed to get into the book, and I wasn’t about to waste my last “celebratory” day of being done with that survey. I wanted a good meal. I found Kakao, a typical Guatemalan restaurant just one block from the hotel and went there. I had a really good salad (I was done worrying about eating fresh veggies) and an awesome smoky tomato based broth with meat in it accompanied by rice. Very yummy. There was a couple American guys a few tables over from me and as is typical, they were being really loud and one guy was talking about how much he hated his job and wanted to tell his boss to go F himself. And then, he was going to move to the mountains where he would grow a beard and his own food. Goodluck buddy. I quickly walked the block back to the hotel. The men with machine guns were everywhere, and I guess that made me feel a little better, but I had just read a story about a shooting that happened at the restaurant just across from one I had eaten at the day previously, where 3 people were killed. I think I’m glad I’m out of Guatemala.

Once back in my hotel, I packed up, got ready for bed, and then went to bed; preparing to only sleep for… yep I’m serious… 2.5 hours. I needed to wake up at 3:30 am for my flight! What a pain in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment