Monday, April 11, 2011

Plaza Itskatzu in Escazu


Met another guy obsessed with Boston sports today. Specifically the Patriots. It’s nice to feel especially welcome because of something I have in common with a local or two. Also, I’ve been told on multiple occasions that my Spanish is really good. That’s so nice to hear!

Nothing special went on today. Had some great sushi at the Intercon though, (oh my goodness and an AWESOME salad, it had avocado, sushi salmon and cukes finally chopped with some awesome pastry-like crunchy “noodles” to go along with it. Divine. I listened to a bunch of guys that sounded like they were gambling bigwigs of some sort, I couldn’t make it out, but it sounded like they were heavily involved in the sports industry or something. I tried hard to figure it out. The Intercon is a lot nicer than my hotel, but for some reason I love the casual, homey and airy feel of my hotel. The doors are always open, and there’s always fresh air circulating. Even if the biggest disappointment is that they don’t serve lunch all day like they use to!

I had the most bizarre survey sitch tonight. I got caught taking prices with my phone immediately after walking into a store, it was so unusual. Never has such a thing happened to me while trying to be so discreet. After it happened on the first floor, I went upstairs. Someone caught me right away on the second floor too and I tried to keep going but the lady followed me. Finally I gave up and walked out. So bizarre. The mall in Escazu is really high end and very nice, in general. Oh, and I loved this two years ago… but I’m staying in Itskazu plaza in Escazu. So funny! Tomorrow I am getting up early to see the Arenal Volcano, and I’m super excited, though I’m sure I’ll be very tired as well.

A couple days ago, I got caught in Hiper Mas (like a higher-end Walmart) by the security and the manager. They told me I couldn’t survey, but it was the end of the night anyways. Today I went back and finished on my blackberry without even a 2nd glance. I never saw the manager, that helped. The other night I couldn’t find my way out of the store. Everything was gated up and locked so I had to find the only exit and make sure to call the hotel for a car cause there were none in sight. I walked around for a good 20 minutes before I could finally figure out where the heck I was going. I actually got a little nervous. I talked spanglish with the guard (which I have done a lot this trip) before the taxi came, it didn’t take all too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment