Monday, April 11, 2011

I think I was frustrated when I wrote this one.

Got a happy valentine’s day wish today from one of my Indian friends. You know , it gets to be a real problem when you start forgetting who you have told you have a boyfriend to, and who you have not. I guess I should create a story and stick with it so that I don’t forget, but there are some that I don’t mind if they know I don’t have a boyfriend, and some that are just better off thinking that I do.

Ugh I need to get up in 2 hours. Why is it that I’m always stuck working so late finishing everything up perfect to a T? My fault or just not enough time? I’m really not sure. Anyways, tomorrow I go to Panama. Today was a whirlwind, I didn’t really expect it to be as busy as it was. I have been calling and emailing the freaking car insurance agent for a full week now, and he hasn’t gotten back to me AT ALL. I don’t get it, this has never happened to me before. And this guy is suppose to be THE contact for one of the major relocation agents in the country! Service in Central America I guess, though I haven’t seen it this bad. I’m about to give them a piece of my mind with a lot of English swear words involved. (In these situations I try to pretend that I’m actually someone really important, where in real life I’m not, but that’s OK. We tend to lie our way through getting information quite often. Most of the time it works.) Today there was lots of traffic. Since Lorena cancelled on me because of her car accident, she didn’t have time to meet with me today (though it took an email and a phone call to get her to say one way or the other; again… typical central America)…. She would talk with me tomorrow, but just in case I thought I would try calling Crown Relocation which we meet with throughout most of the world. Oh my god I wish I didn’t, it was like pulling teeth. They were about 45 minutes away from my hotel with the traffic that I had to deal with, and I got there and had to sit in on a meeting with 3 people; the country manager, the business director and an account manager while I tried over and over again to explain why it’s important that they meet with me and help me out with information, and lightly try to tell them no that I’m not trying to promote this crazy business opportunity for them. Maybe in the long run it will be a good thing for them that I met with them because our clients will be aware of their presence in Costa Rica, but they just… wouldn’t… get it. Kept asking the same questions over and over again, I didn’t know how to answer them any differently. It took about 45 minutes before we could finally move on to the information that I needed. After about a half hour the country manager was possibly getting frustrated and said “wow, you better give Crowne credit for this!” I wanted to kick his teeth out. You’re an amateur, you don’t know who we are. Get some more experience, realize our importance and then get back to me. We actually have somewhat of a partnership with Crowne somewhere in Asia I believe it is. Still didn’t even phase them. Part of me thinks they were just stupid people. No that’s mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment