Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Small red ants crawling on my bed

I passed out again. The line for immigration was pretty ridiculous, I had to wait a half an hour. And I had to pee soooo badly. Finally I got through and grabbed a taxi to the hotel. This friendly guy who had a total Caribbean accent, yeah man this and that. He told me a little about where to go and what to do. Nice guy. I got to the hotel (which is not a particularly nice hotel, though it’s a Radisson, especially coming from the Nikko!) And I was just drained. But I didn’t nap. I settled in, wasted some time on facebook and jumped into writing up the rest of my housing reports from Mexico. I wanted to get out of my room to do this cause I knew I would fall asleep. I found someone to ask about where I should go, his name is Clifford from Nigeria and he works security at the hotel. Well, Clifford and I got to talking (rather, Clifford got to talking) and I was getting antsy. Granted, I did keep asking him questions about stuff I needed to know, but he kept on taking them off subject. It was mildly helpful but I was getting bored and even more tired.

I got some tea and a ham and cheese croissant at the little bakery and sat down to do some writing. This worked fine until the bakery closed, I had to move cause they were shutting the lights. I moved into the foyer and kept falling asleep. I decided it was about that time, even though it was about 9pm.

Got back to my room and ended up going strong writing the rest of the reports.
Speaking of antsy, I was about to go to bed at 12 am and noticed that my bed was covered in them. Small red ones. At least 25-30 of them. I called the front desk and the immediate response was “are they black, or red? Is it just a few? Can you just brush them off the bed?” Umm… no… there’s quite a few actually. She had security come down to take a look. They had me move. Thank goodness. I moved down the hall to a room that was located in a building rather than direct to the outside. Much better. Now that I’m done updating my day, I think it’s time to hit the hay.

I was in 3 countries today. Pretty impressive if you think about it, isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment