Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Welcome to Mexico!



Got into Mexico tonight, from summer in Panama into winter in Mexico, and was greeted very warmly by everyone. I tried to speak Spanish constantly, even when they spoke English with me. Customs was a little more bad-ass than other countries in Latin America, and almost everyone had to get their whole bag searched. Luckily I didn’t. After the bags were scanned, each person was asked to press a red button which would tell you if your bag would be manually checked or not. I have no idea if it was random or not, it was strange. On my way to the hotel, I had a nice driver, but he bored me. Only half I could understand, the other half was mostly blah blah blah ehhhhhhhh blah blah ehhhhh (the latin version of um).

My hotel is gorgeous. Really, really nice. I’m on the 21st floor, and there are something like 43 here.

All I have to say today, is that well, I drove through some lovely neighborhoods on the way to the grocery store, and I still love love love love my hotel, it’s got a hot lounge, 2 Japanese restaurants, an English pub and another casual Mexican/international restaurant. The grocery store today sucked, items weren’t labeled well so I often had to use the price checker, and it was hard to find matching items anyways.

Tomorrow I’m going to Teotihuacan or something like that. Getting up early, we’ll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment