Tuesday, April 19, 2011

So, are you a spy or something?

Belizians are very Caribbean-like. They don’t smile much. They aren’t very friendly. I got a little pissed at the hotel tonight because I called for a taxi. Apparently, there were none immediately outside the hotel. So, the girl tells me to stand on the side of the street and hail one. What, really? Apparently there would be one coming every minute. First off, I didn’t really feel comfortable hailing a cab off the street. Second, I wasn’t seeing any go by anyways. After 5 minutes dealing with this bull, I called the taxi who had taken me there in the first place. He was still working and was going to come pick me up. Finally. I walked from the edge of the parking lot back to the grocery store so I could sit in front and work. The guard told me I shouldn’t be out there, it was much safer for me to wait here. And that biotch from the hotel wanted me to stand on the side of the street? Whatttt? Greg got to the grocery store and immediately got out and was looking at his car. Hmmm.. what happened? “I was on a rush to come get you and some guy hit me, but it was my fault because I was in a rush.” Oh wow, I said, I’m so sorry to hear that! His door was terribly dented up. “It’s cool, man.” No emotion, no clear disappointment. And from there, he went into a very nonchalant: “So how was your study?”

Met an interesting guy tonight at dinner. I was eating dinner at the hotel restaurant and he saw me from down by the pool. He was pretty drunk and said he was going to come and talk to me. I said… OK…. He quickly became “obsessed”. Or, so he said. Started out as an architect and soon became a navy seal. Not sure if that’s the truth or not, but I don’t think he’s really suppose to tell me that he’s a navy seal if that’s the case. Even though he was drunk, his comments made me laugh, and most of the time they were too much. “Wow I hit the jackpot, the most beautiful woman in Belize!” and “The Caribbean breeze on your hair is just… wow you’re beautiful”. I even got, are you a spy? For the 2nd time this week. What is it with that? Well I guess in his case, he would be in big trouble if I was since he’s not suppose to tell what his job is. He said he wanted to check out one of the islands tomorrow, and so did I, so I agreed to go with him. Hopefully that’s the right choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment