Monday, April 11, 2011

Guatemala is scary. Costa Rica is not.


I get into Costa Rica and I am re-shocked to find an exchange rate of 443 to the dollar. Like, why is that necessary? I just don’t understand currencies sometimes.

Anyways, I’m so glad to be back. There are mountains in the distance, lush greenery and beautiful flowers everywhere, lots of wildlife, it’s hot and humid. I’m lovin it. It takes a while to get to the hotel because of traffic, but immediately on arrival, I pass the F out. I’m totally exhausted. Up at 1:30 pm, I’m getting ready for a realtor meeting. I’m meeting Oscar for the second time. He tells me a story of how his brother was a diplomat in Guatemala, so him and his wife moved there. While there, she was out with their chauffeur and was robbed and beaten, both of them were. His wife had been pregnant, and was so badly hurt that she lost the baby, and not only that, both of them were left for dead on the street until another diplomat drove by and recognized her! Likewise, I remember Luis telling me that just a month ago, two motorbikes pulled up to either side of his car. Both had guns and demanded that he hand over his cell phone he was talking on. Second time it’s happened to him. Guatemala really is quite dangerous.

Anyway, it was nice to see a familiar face, though I remember thinking that Oscar was a little confusing cause he’s a bit all over the place with what he’s talking about. Some of which is not relative to what I need to know. Then he asked when we were going to send him clients. I never know how to answer that question unfortunately!

After, went to the mall and ate Burger King cause I needed a quick bite. Yuck. The mall I went to, for the second time in my life, is really very nice. And very large. Will be going back tomorrow, most likely.

Time for bed. I love you Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment