Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bye bye Mexico, Hello Belize!

Didn’t sleep last night. I got home at 1 am and I had to leave the hotel at 4, and I still had all my packing to do. Oh, well let me take that back. I did sleep, for 10 minutes. I almost didn’t get out of bed but then I remembered that I had told Luis that he could drive me in the morning. Poor guy would be waiting for me. (I guess I forgot about the fact that I had a flight to catch). I was sad leaving my lovely hotel room and my beautiful flowers and the friendly staff and posh hotel. There was Luis. We soared past everyone on the way to the airport. I feared for my life a little. But I feel like I do that a lot as a surveyor anyways. He made a 30 minute ride into a wee over 10 minutes. Pretty incredible.

I slept on the plane. I think, I’m not really sure. Time just kinda drifted. Before I knew it (it was a short flight), I was in Dallas, for the first time ever I believe. Right before I got off the plane their first gate announcement was for Boston. Ironic, a bit I thought. Since I was back in the United States and NOT going to Boston. I got some breakfast/lunch, and found some really comfy chairs to choose from to take an hour’s nap in. I pulled myself out when it was time to board. I could see the gate from where I was and no one was moving so I wasn’t in any sort of a rush. That was when I looked at the departure screen and realized I was standing at the wrong gate. Between my arrival and now they must have changed the gate, dangit. I ran. 10 minutes later I was at the right gate, but they hadn’t started boarding. Phew. I was excited, I was on the way to Belize!

No comments:

Post a Comment