Sunday, January 16, 2011

The reason why Delhi was OK after all; Deepak!


I was blessed when I found my Delhi driver. The first taxi to take me out. Someone up there knew I needed help being eased into the craziness of the country, and gave me Deepak. He didn’t rip me off. Hmm on second thought, maybe the Delhi – Agra-Delhi trip was a little expensive, but the daily taxi rate in the city was very good though. And, he did work overtime, at times. He didn’t try to take me to his friends’ shops.

He saw my eczema and took me to his doctor. He lended me money on two separate occassions. For the most part, he was an honest, genuinely nice guy which was NOT what I heard about taxi drivers in Delhi. Going to the doctor was interesting. It cost me $10 and he prescribed me some allergy pills and some cortisone cream. Both of which I already had, but either way I thought it was an interesting experience. Deepak came into the doctor’s office with me and I showed the doctor the places on my body where I had problems (no clothing needed to come off!) Deepak was clearly very proud of his doctor and wanted me to experience the same success. So nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment