Sunday, January 16, 2011

Loose screws in taxi drivers' heads in Trini, back off!



I don’t like the taxi drivers here. I had one this morning who took me to a realtor meeting. I asked him to wait for me. I guess I told him it would be about 45 minutes though I don’t remember saying that. He came in an hour later looking for me and wanted to know how long it would be. He had a pickup in an hour and a half! We left at 10:30 and he seemed upset and worried, though where I was from the hotel was only 15 minutes away and where he was going to was another 15. I didn’t get it. Then, tonight I had a taxi who said he would pick me up when I called later. I called, he said he would call me back and he didn’t. So then I called the hotel who apparently sent a taxi and 50 minutes later no taxi. I had to take the employee taxi (take it away from them) to get to the hotel, those poor people. I was pretty pissed.

On a lighter note, the taxi I had this morning said he didn’t think I even had an accent. Apparently I sounded just like him. All this after I had to say “what?” about 5 times first because I can’t understand their English. Makes sense right?
I had a realtor meeting today that was just awesome. 2 ladies, both truly genuine and just wanted to do anything they could to help out. They spent ample time on everything and would have been fine if I talked to them for 2 hours plus I think. And, next time they told me to send the grid in advance so they can work on it before I get there and we’ll take less time so that I have more time to hang out and enjoy myself. So sweet!

I can see the ocean from my window, and there are lots of tankers in the distance too. So I suppose, the view is nice. My room is nice but it smells moldy. And the malls are nice (and not too big!) and well-stocked. Tomorrow will be a busy day. I’m happy to be in a place where crime isn’t running rampid (well gang violence is, but I’m not in one so it’s ok  )

Anyways, I love the Caribbean. I hope to make it to Tobago.

No comments:

Post a Comment