Sunday, January 16, 2011

Frustration ensues



Went shopping and may have spent money a bit excessively. Though I must say, if I had been in Europe I would have spent a ridiculous amount more on the same clothing. The brand of the store I found that I LOVE is based out of Sweden I suppose, and we have yet to have one in the US. Though, I swear I own a shirt or two from there. I’ll have to try and figure that one out. I found a stalker. Though he helped me a little with my research. He might be the 3rd person who offered to help me. Not a bad deal. Why not take advantage, right? So I did. And of course I gave him my number. He called I didn’t answer. And then I saw him when I went back to the mall a day or two later, and when he wouldn’t leave me alone I told him sorry, I don’t know what you’re expecting. I’m leaving tomorrow. And he said OK well in that case then I guess maybe I should just go. OK bye I said! I’m sick of all the attention, and everyone staring at me! I walk by and it’s almost like I have a spotlight on me, people turn and follow me until I’m nearly out of sight. It’s unbelievable! I would be chased down for many, many pictures over the next 5 weeks. I’ll be showing up in family albums all over the country.

I ate down the street from my hotel. On the way back, I had a taxi that quoted me a VERY high price for the trip home. But, I didn’t have much choice. I had to get home. So, when we showed up to a different hotel 20 minutes later, I asked the driver where we were. At the Obraya. I said no… the Maurya. MAUR-YA. Your hotel is the Sheraton ITC Maurya he said. So, I made it clear it was a misunderstanding. Not my fault, not his fault. So he took me back and still tried to charge me double the high price he quoted me in the first place! I was PISSED and told him I would pay him a certain amount but certainly no more than that. 200 less than I was suppose to pay him and even that was too much. Then, he had the NERVE to ask if I needed a taxi the next day. Seriously? I said to him. You think I want you ask my taxi driver??? Then I got out and slammed the door and that was that.

In Delhi (north) they have a strange head bob. Like when they are saying yes, their head kinda curves to the side. In Bangalore and in Chennai (south), they have a head bob. Back and forth, right to left over and over. It’s quite entertaining. Man, I have even caught myself doing it from time to time. I hope I don’t take that habit home with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment