Sunday, January 16, 2011

Meal of the month



So, I finally ate at the lovely restaurant here at the hotel. It was just as good as I expected.

First course: a spoonful of ceviche and a small (very small) cup of tomato stock.
Thyme bread with an assortment of butter/tapenade

Second course: Ahi tuna accompanies by soy sauce in a shot glass, a wasabi sauce, mixed seaweed salad surrounded with a cucumber roll on the outside and topped with a crunchy sugar sesame leaf, carrot ginger sauce, and a side of ginger with a little seaweed.

Third course: Papaya sorbet

Fourth course: Bass with a tomato compote on top, sliver of fried plantain, broccoli, vegetable lasagna, lemongrass sauce in a shot glass, strip of black and white truffle sauce.

Fifth course: Last but DEFINITELY not least, dessert: Flourless chocolate tort, coconut glace, chocolate cake, and crème brulee (all in small portions of course).

First two courses were accompanied with red wine, bass was accompanied by chardonnay. I smiled while I ate I loved it so much. And my waiter was kinda cute too 

Today it rained. Tonight it’s raining. I just hope tomorrow the sky gods have finished crying so I can get some sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment