Sunday, January 8, 2012

I wouldn't normally recommend climbing volcanoes alone






I learned during my talks with the Dutch locals that there was no pharmacist on the island because his contract was terminated. Rather, there IS a pharmacist (he was in the group whom I spoke with tonight) but they won’t give him a contract so he can work as one. There is a pharmacy with unauthorized pharmacists giving drugs out, try and make sense of that one. I think it’s crazy.

Ran into the client four times, once was while snorkeling (whoops) and two other times was when I was lounging. Only once was I actually in one of the grocery stores working. They were nice people though, we chatted it up each time.

I climbed a volcano, by myself. How cool is that? I had the option to go in the center but I thought it would be smarter NOT to do this on my own. I saw a big scary snake, and also learned there were tarantulas in this forest. Interesting fact about tarantulas though, is that you really, really have to aggravate a tarantula for it to bite or attack or whatever it does. There is an insect in the forest called the blue wasp (pic above, it really IS blue) and this crazy little bug eats tarantulas; it paralyzes the spider and then eats its way into the middle of it and eats it from the inside out. Now I feel real bad for that scary creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment