Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sunrise surprise... and heading home :)



I came back to the hotel and realized there was a leak in my ceiling. When I called the front desk about it, they told me I needed to change rooms. My new room is a two-room suite right next door. Pretty cool except for some reason my allergies are bad in there. There's always something, isn't there?

Oh by the way, I woke up this morning at 6am exactly and immediately looked outside. There were things floating outside my window, not even kidding. I thought I must be dreaming. Then when I REALLY woke up, I went immediately to the window and looked outside again. There were hot air ballons; about 7 of them rising just in the park right outside my window. I promise I'm not making it up, I even took some pics to prove it. It was quite a sight, especially for the fact that I was still dreaming like it was Alice in Wonderland or something.

After room-switching, I had to drag myself to go back out. I don't know what it is about this city, but I just feel so lonely in it! There are too many options; too many places to go, too many restaurants to eat in. I need someone to bring me to the good places to eat and the good places to walk. As I just posted on facebook, it's a beautiful city; but it's meant to be enjoyed at the outdoor cafes with friends, which is exactly what I don't have here. I miss Boston and I miss my friends and family. I keep walking around with this sinking feeling that I really wish I didn't have, because I'm lonely. I'm so so so ready to come home! I hope that tomorrow I can enjoy my last day.


PS I'm stressed about not having my last realtor meeting booked :/ Another reason why Melbourne has sucked... it's tough to sit back and enjoy when you have something weighing over you.

Finally, I got that realtor meeting nonsense taken care of. I took the train to a neighborhood I was hoping to see anyways to do the cold-calling walk-in. It sucked, but I got the info that I needed and that’s all I cared about. Then I got a coffee (my daily happiness) and checked out the beach – but it was a bit chilly and very windy so I didn’t stay for very long. On my way out of the city, there was a sure character sitting just across from me. He was missing an arm and he was in tattered clothing and he was mumbling to himself, clearly drunk or on drugs. I noticed the woman sitting next to him move a little closer to the OTHER side once she heard the muttering. Then, he reached his hands into his pants. I was staring intently by this point. He fished around down there and out came a pill from his pant leg which he promptly chased while it rolled away from him. He caught it and stuffed it in his mouth. He tried to talk to a child and otherwise sat to himself aside from saying hi to another character that got on and off. He got off the train just before I did. Later that same night, I was back in downtown Melbourne, just checking out after buying something small at Target when this same guy comes stumbling into the store and says something to the cashier that I can’t quite make out. He appeared to me to be in worse shape than before and he was foaming at the mouth. She pointed him in one direction without even blinking an eye. Haha… is this normal around these parts I wondered?

It was my last day in Melbourne, though I really like this city I couldn’t wait to get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment