Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Jack Johnson's favorite venue to play (so I am told...)










The only department store in the town is called Farmer’s, ha! Now who would have thought that New Zealand would have a department store called Farmer’s. Make yourselves seem even more like hicks why don’t you!

Tonight I ate 3 courses at a French restaurant. I was hungggggry! Mostly though, I was craving cheese. I had a bleu cheese soufflĂ© to start, roast duck leg for dinner, and then French onion soup to end. Wow what a meal, I was comfortably full after that! I talked with Antony a bit more, and maybe I’ll go to yoga with him tomorrow. I told him about how I took a nice walk through the park in the city today; it was beautiful with a lovely lake and red bridges. I took some pictures of a musical venue where many famous artists play (though I don’t know how many actually attend the concerts!) Apparently it’s Jack Jonson’s favorite venue to play at; there is a big grassy field for sitting and the stage it right across from a very small lake in this beautiful park. Really something to see. It was nice to listen to music today, I hadn’t listened to music in a few weeks! Though I jumped a mile when I was in the park and turned around and a car went right by me; I hadn’t realized that I was in the middle of a road, oops… that’s what happens with your head phones on! I cracked up laughing after I jumped and the people in the car must have thought I was nuts.
A realtor today told me that I must break hearts all over the world. Haha, awwww… people here are not outwardly friendly; they rarely say hi on the streets but once you get talking to someone they open up to you immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment