Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Some company to kill the loneliness




Another day.... and I'm still feeling lonely. I got some work done a little earlier in the day and then flew back to the hotel to meet up with Alan and his friends; Chris and I can't even remember the girls' name. It was a nice afternoon, albeit a bit awkward. These people were twice my age, and I could tell that girl was really nice, but maybe trying a little bit too hard. Chris just yawned the whole time and looked like he wanted to be somewhere else. But Alan, he was a cool guy; with two sons my age and a couple grandchildren already. (He's my Dad's age). A real free-spirit, a very open person. And not sketchy in the least bit, just a real friendly guy and I very much enjoyed his company. Scottish company, that is. We ate at a cute little Italian cafe with a screaming baby, small portions, and overly salty pasta. How do you screw up pasta, really?? Oh well. Alan was super concerned with the fact that he had just lost his bankcard to an ATM machine and the rest of his accounts seemed to be locked. Um, ya I would be freaking out a little bit too. Maybe I ought to write him a quick email to see how that turned out....

After lunch, we walked around exploring the nooks and crannies of the city until we came upon, you guessed it... another cafe. What else is Melbourne known for? So we sat and had a beer... and the beer we drank happened to be Alan's son's beer from his very own brewery. How cool is that? Alan's son owns/created a kickass, big-deal brewery in Scotland called Beerdog... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrewDog Very cool. I nearly met a beer celebrity. I mean, you gotta be a cool dude to produce a kid who is clearly pretty awesome. I took a beer bottle as a memory. So did Alan.

No comments:

Post a Comment