Sunday, January 8, 2012

Waves crashing and teal blue water




The view from my room is pretty freakin amazing. It’s just beautiful. Warm breeze when I open the door, the sound of the ocean crashing up on the shore, that teal blue water and boats in the distance. Why am I not here longer? Sigh.

People have been super nice, well for the most part. One guy said that I could sit down and talk with him tomorrow, and that he has been in business for 39 years and usually claims a 250 US per hour fee. Ummm… no thanks. But regardless, he said he would still talk to me because “I was honest that I wasn’t going to pay him”. Well, what was I suppose to do, lie about it and then hope that he was Ok when I wasn’t going to pay him? Oh well, anyways… I have a meeting with him in the morning.
Ya… that was interesting. He was the most British guy I have ever met. Honestly, if you had ever asked me what I meant by “British”, until today I wouldn’t be able to tell you. This guy defines it. I’m still not sure if I would be able to describe that though. He looks the part, bushy eyebrows, small beady eyes, older may in his 60’s most likely. Anyways, we had a pretty good meeting. I didn’t take too much of his time. So in the end I gave him a nice pen. I get back this afternoon and there is a small package on my table. “Thank you Miss Basler but there is no ink in the pen!” Of course, British guy couldn’t find the ink pen which was separated from the pen itself and made a point to give it back to him. Because now, not only have I not given him money, but now he has no pen either. Haha, what a jerk! I’m going to make sure to give it back to him tomorrow, with the ink that he couldn’t find.

I went out with Jimmy the World Bank man tonight. Company was really nice, but the restaurant was just OK. We went to a Mexican joint where we waited 45 minutes for our first drink and then an extra hour to get our meal, it was torture. Plus, I kept thinking about all the work that I had to do and that made it worse. My meal was good though. Jimmy sure has an interesting life, and I kinda like his mild Brazilian/British accent. It’s so strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment