Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Out of season snowstorm at home, 90 degrees + here!




I’ve heard the crazy news that it’s snowing back at home! Well, it’s a lovely 90+ degrees here! Take that, haha. MAN these days are hot. Not that I’m complaining, I love love love the heat. Today I walked around just observing, I was hoping to find a crocodile somewhere since Darwin is full of them but no luck there. I did, however; find “green ants”. They are ants with little green bums. I tried to get a good picture of them but it wasn’t working out for me. Walking around, I ran into a guy from Sydney who was asking me about the sunsets in Darwin. Of course I didn’t know, and it sounded like nothing much but a pretty bad pickup line to me, but we just had a nice conversation. He gave me his number if I wanted to contact him for a drink while in Sydney to get away from the loneliness, but I didn’t sense at all that he was trying to pick me up. I kept walking until I saw the sun starting to go down. Beautiful yellows, pinks, and especially bright oranges lined the horizon. I snapped a bunch of pictures of it, including some pictures of some strange looking seagulls that look like they had a yellow mask over their face. Bizarre.

After having a snack of wine (complimentary from the hotel!), oranges, strawberries, tomatoes and broccoli, I headed out for some protein. There was a restaurant down the street that I had heard was good so I went to check it out. It’s called Char, and it just happens to be owned by the same management as a restaurant that I actually went to in Brisbane a few weeks ago called Jellyfish. I asked for recommendations, as I normally do, and I was told that the whole barramundi was a good option. So hey, why not… I went with it. I was in awe when it came out. This thing was HUGE and it overlapped the plate that it was on. It was a whole fried fish brushed with a soy sauce base and it had shredded ginger on top. Come to find out, it was just boasting a ridiculously large appearance, once I removed the fish from the bones it wasn’t nearly as much as I thought it would be. But it sure was tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment