Saturday, January 7, 2012

Watch out, dead ex-boyfriend in the bag


On the taxi ride to the bus that goes to Nis, the taxi driver got my bag out of the car with a loud grunt and then said “what do you have in here, you’re dead ex-boyfriend?” in pretty good English! I thought it was hilarious. Yeah I must look dangerous, watch out guys! Haha….

Nis is a cute little city, I think. I have yet to explore much of it so far. The staff is very friendly. They will do anything to help out, and one of the workers here spent 6 months in NYC. He told me about what he thought of it, how BIG everything was, and how he thought it was impressive but he didn’t like that people were not friendly. You can’t say hi to random people, and as he put it – he could fall down dead and people would just walk over him. Well it’s probably true, isn’t it.

I think I saw the ugliest wedding dress ever yesterday. I wish I had been able to take a picture of it. This girl had on a skintight short, white dress and there was a sheer white train that went down to the floor with sequence on it. The sequence were also on top. It looked like something you could buy out of a Halloween costume store. They had an all-day party at the hotel and I kept seeing them everywhere.

A Serbian won a huge European tennis match this evening and while I wasn’t watching it, I sure did hear it. I was walking at the time, over by the river, and I heard a bunch of screaming and cheering. Then there were fireworks and horns blaring everywhere. Yahhhh Serbia! Upon further investigation, I had realized that a Serbian tennis player had won some huge European tennis match. I had noticed some other matches previously in the week that many were on edge watching them. I guess it must have been a big deal, not something I can really relate to since tennis really isn’t too popular in our parts.

Feelin a little down, a little lonely… Di is engaged! So happy for her, but maybe it’s making me lonely? Wish I was home to be there for the celebration?

No comments:

Post a Comment