Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Warm welcome to Melbourne


Got up nice and early yesterday for my meeting, and from the train station it should only take me 20 minutes to get there. So, I was hauling in just in time, it was 9:10 and my meeting was at 9:30. But wait, the station I wanted to go to was on the list of locations, but I had already watched 2 trains go by and the place I wanted to go was not on there. Hmmm... 5 minutes gone, 10 minutes... Finally, someone tells me I look lost, can they help. Thank GOD yes you can (I wanted help but I didn't want to leave the platform afraid that I would miss my train!) Well, turned out I had to go to another location which all the trains passed through in order to get to the station that I needed to get to. Ugh. Gonna be late. Get to the station, and by the time I find where I need to go I just barely miss the train. Next one comes in 15 minutes (9:42) Ugh. Gonna be real late. Don't you hate that feeling? Ha I know it well.

That evening after a pleasant day of walking around downtown and getting lots of prices, I stop at a very busy, crowded cafe for dinner. I thought that must be a good sign, right? I knew that I needed to try kangaroo before I left Australia, and this cafe happened to have it on the menu. So, I'll give it a go. Why not? It tasted pretty good, but looked really rare. I wondered for a few passing seconds if this was ok to eat, but I went with it and ate it. After being very full and walking a good 20 minutes back to the hotel, I was sitting at the hotel computer and I knew I wasn't feeling quite right. I was starting to get really cold, and then I felt a bit nauseas. Ugh... I knew exactly what was going on. Up to my room I went and it didn't take long before I was throwing up chunks of bloody kangaroo (since it was so raw, yup gross). That's the last time I'll eat those furry animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment