Saturday, January 7, 2012

Wendy and I go to Crete!





Wendy came to stay with me while I was in Greece, and we had a great time together. It was a bit stressful juggling work and trying to spend time with her, but it all worked out in the end. I did have very many nights that I only slept a few hours, though! I would work all day and then we would catch up at night and have some dinner together, until the weekend where we went to Crete, of course…

We booked it through a travel agent, left super early in the morning and I went right to napping when I got there. I had only slept 2 hours the night before. It was gorgeous though, the hotel itself was alright, but it was right on the harbor with the teal- blue water. While there, we didn’t do anything too crazy. Went out for drinks and dinner quite often, got hit on by a “restaurant recruiter” who made a point to say that Greek men were the best lovers, toured some of the beautiful beaches far in the West side and all the way to the East side. When coming back from the beach on the West side (Falasarna) we stopped at this super cute little restaurant cause we were hungry. Between the 2 of us, we only had 21 euros, so after looking at the menu, we decided we probably should get some cash in town before sitting down to dinner. But, something made us stop and go back. Maybe just a couple appetizers to hold us over… so that’s what we did. And, the owner/our waiter said to us, don’t worry about money, just order what you want to eat. What? Who says that, EVER?? I was super surprised. But of course, we didn’t want to order anything we couldn’t pay for. So we got fried eggplant, an amazing greek salad, and tzaziki only. The best part of this restaurant is that if everything hadn’t been grown right on the farm that the guy uses, then it had been obtained from one of the other s right in the same area. All over the beachtown you could see greenhouses growing tomatoes and other vegetables. By far, this was the best greek salad I had ever eaten! (Despite that I was eating one daily). Hmm… I miss those, I may have to do some grocery shopping today….

One evening we went out to a bar for some snacks and adult beverages. Our waiter took a liking to me. “You are so beautiful.” And every time he went by me he made a point to flirt in some way. He was short, but very cute. (We thought we were going to get a free meal out of it, but that didn’t work out). Later, he asked for my number, so whatever; I gave it to him. Then he handed me his contact info which he had already written out, asking me to meet him at a club downtown. It was already 2 am. So Wendy and I headed back to the hotel and I get a message from him a half hour later saying that he was coming to the hotel. So of course, I told him no and that I was going to bed. CREEPY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment